Who we are
The Commission is often seen as “balancing” of interests of its stakeholders through the protection of consumers from unfair treatment by utilities, promotion of economic efficiency of the service providers/investors and the monitoring of compliance to standards and regulations.
GOALS, OBJECTIVE & VALUES
The Sierra Leone Electricity and Water Regulatory Commission is established to formulate, implement, monitor quality and compliance, provide tariff guidelines, licenses and implement regulatory frameworks for the safe, secure, affordable and reliable supply of water and electricity in Sierra Leone.
Our core values include Integrity, Professionalism, Transparency and Accountability
The Commission’s objectives are as follows:
- To promulgate rules, regulations, guidelines and policies that would help increase investment by judiciously licensing companies that have the capacity to meet customer demand.
- To support service providers to re-invest in infrastructure and service to ensure sustainability through fair tariffs.
- To resolve cases (rates and other cases) and disputes and ensuring that customer complaints are resolved by the utilities
- To promote consumer interest by creating affordable tariff structures and ensuring reliability of supply.
- To become a dynamic organization of professional people with the highest degree of technical competence and integrity.
To regulate person(s) engaged in activities in the electrical and water sectors throughout Sierra Leone.