[vc_row][vc_column][rev_slider_vc alias=”home-page-1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row king_row_type=”container_full” king_id=”services”][vc_column el_animate=”animated eff-fadeInLeft” width=”1/4″ el_class=”ovt_section_title two” el_delay=”150″][titles text=”TWFuZGF0ZQ==” type=”h1″][titles text=”VG8lMjByZWd1bGF0ZSUyMHRoZSUyMHV0aWxpdHklMjBzZXJ2aWNlJTIwcHJvdmlkZXJzJTIwaW4lMjB0aGUlMjBlbGVjdHJpY2l0eSUyMGFuZCUyMHdhdGVyJTIwc2VjdG9ycyUyMGluJTIwbGluZSUyMHdpdGglMjB0aGUlMjBwcm92aXNpb25zJTIwb2YlMjB0aGUlMjBTaWVycmElMjBMZW9uZSUyMEVsZWN0cmljaXR5JTIwYW5kJTIwV2F0ZXIlMjBSZWd1bGF0b3J5JTIwQ29tbWlzc2lvbiUyMEFjdCUyMDIwMTEu” type=”h4″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″ el_class=”ovt_section04″][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”one_half” el_animate=”animated eff-fadeIn” width=”1/2″ el_delay=”200″][titles text=”TWlzc2lvbg==” type=”h2″ class=”roboto caps thin dbclord”][vc_raw_html]JTNDZGl2JTIwY2xhc3MlM0QlMjJjbGVhcmZpeCUyMG1hcmdpbl9ib3R0b20xJTIyJTNFJTNDL2RpdiUzRQ==[/vc_raw_html][vc_column_text el_class=”gray”]

To regulate the electricity and water industries in accordance with government laws and policies, standards, and international best practices in support of sustainable and orderly development.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”one_half last” el_animate=”animated eff-fadeIn” width=”1/2″ el_delay=”250″][titles text=”VmlzaW9u” type=”h2″ class=”roboto caps thin dbclord”][vc_raw_html]JTNDZGl2JTIwY2xhc3MlM0QlMjJjbGVhcmZpeCUyMG1hcmdpbl9ib3R0b20xJTIyJTNFJTNDL2RpdiUzRQ==[/vc_raw_html][vc_column_text el_class=”gray”]

To be a recognised world-class leader in water and electricity regulation.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row king_row_type=”container_full” king_class=”feature_section2″][vc_column][vc_row_inner king_class=”twoboxes” king_class_container=”container”][vc_column_inner el_class=”left” el_animate=”animated eff-fadeInLeft” width=”1/2″][elements des=”JTNDc3Ryb25nJTNFJTNDZW0lM0VHRVQlMjBZT1VSJTIwTElDRU5DRSUyRlBFUk1JVCUzQyUyRmVtJTNFJTIwTElDRU5DRVMlM0MlMkZzdHJvbmclM0UlMEE=” icon_awesome=” far fa-credit-card ” class=”clearfix” retina=”yes”][vc_column_text]

Section 16 of the Act makes it mandatory that a public register containing a list of all entities registered with the Commission shall be made available to the public as follows:




  • Water Supply Licence
  • Water Licence Checklist

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner el_class=”right” el_animate=”animated eff-fadeInRight” width=”1/2″][elements des=”JTNDc3Ryb25nJTNFJTNDZW0lM0VTRU5EJTIwVVMlMjBBJTIwQ09NUExBSU5UJTNDJTJGZW0lM0UlMjBDT01QTEFJTlRTJTNDJTJGc3Ryb25nJTNF” icon_awesome=” fas fa-pencil-alt ” class=”clearfix” retina=”no”][vc_column_text]Make an electricity or water compliant

Electricity Complaints:

  • Metering
  • Customer Service
  • Billing
  • Fallen Poles/Damaged Lines


Water Complaints:

  • Leakages
  • Tampered Pipes
  • Unavailability of Water
  • Poor Water Quality
  • Billing and Metering

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row king_class=”feature_section3″][vc_column el_animate=”animated eff-fadeInLeft” width=”1/2″ el_class=”one_half” el_delay=”200″][titles text=”TGF0ZXN0JTIwTmV3cw==” type=”h2″ class=”caps”][margin margin_top=”10px”][posts items=”5″ words=”16″ template=”post/slider-single-item.php”][/vc_column][vc_column el_animate=”animated eff-fadeInRight” width=”1/2″ el_class=”one_half last” el_delay=”200″ css=”.vc_custom_1469785656582{margin-bottom: 150px !important;}”][titles text=”Q29uc3VtZXIlMjBDb21wbGFpbnRz” type=”h2″ class=”caps”][margin margin_top=”10px”][vc_accordion style=”3″ icon=”icon-plus-square-2″ el_class=”st-accordion”][vc_accordion_tab title=”Complaints Procedure”][vc_column_text]

The complaint should include the following information:

  • Your name, address and telephone number.
  • Company’s name, address and telephone number.
  • An explanation of the facts and the specific resolution you are seeking.
  • Any documentation to support your complaint, such as a copy of the bill.

It is advised that a complaint is filed as soon possible for timely resolving of the issue(s).

If your problem is still unresolved after you have filed a complaint with the concerned utility or you have additional questions, you may contact us on the above telephone numbers of addresses.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Consumer Protection Committee”][vc_column_text]

The Consumer Complaints Department (CCD) follows up on complaints referred to the Commission by consumers. The CCD may investigate the complaint and attempts to resolve disputes amicably during the investigation.

If the complaint is not resolved to the satisfaction of the consumer within 60 days after having been received by the Commission, the consumer may request the CCD to refer the complaint to the Complaint Committee of the Commission for decision. This request must be made in writing and must be signed by the consumer.

Once a complaint has been referred to the Committee, the complaint becomes known as a reference, and the consumer and the operator/service provider become parties to the reference. The Committee hears all evidence, arguments, and documents presented by the parties and must make a decision on the reference within 30-60 days. The guidelines set out the scope of the Committee’s authority to order actions to be carried out by the entity/service provider.[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Dispute Resolution”][vc_column_text]

  • When the Commission receives a complaint, a copy is forwarded to the utility providing the service, which must respond to the Commission within five days.
  • The Commission conducts a preliminary enquiry and where the complaint can be resolved by mediation and settlement, officials of the utility and the complainant are invited and settlement is initiated.
  • If agreement cannot be reached, the Commission will conduct formal hearing where parties will be given the opportunity to state their case before a panel representing the Commission.
  • Persons appearing may be represented by legal or other experts or by themselves.
  • At the conclusion of the formal hearing, the panel will submit a full report, which includes their ruling and recommendations on how the complaint should be resolved to the Commission. The Commission will then consider the panel’s report and make an order or issue a direction whichever one is applicable.

[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Tracking Complaints and Complaints Status”][vc_column_text]Tracking customer complaints is a priority function of the Commission as a way to ensure that:

  • Every customer complaint is appropriately handled
  • Accountability is provided as to how each complaint is handled and at the same time improve customer service
  • Each complainant is fairly treated

To this end, a mechanism can be developed wherein a complaint number is generated at the point the complaint is made. With this, the consumer is able to track the status of his/her complaints without the need to go through the Consumer Complaints Department. The Commission can also consider using the social media to track customer complaints.[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][/vc_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]